Silk and Sparkle is committed to ensuring that we respect the privacy of your personal information in our care. We understand that protecting personal information is important and aim to always handle personal information securely, carefully & in a confidential manner.
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) which regulate how we collect, use, disclose, store and protect your personal information.
What is personal information?
As defined in the Privacy Act 1988, personal information is “information or an opinion in any form about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion”.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect personal information including your name, gender, address, telephone number and email.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information when required by law but generally we collect personal information from you (or about you) to allow us to:
- supply you with tailored products, services or offers that may benefit you
- better communicate with you
- to respond to your inquiries, request or questions and provide you with information or advice
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts
- improve your experience with us
- notify you about our new products and services, discounts, promotions or upcoming events.
Personal information collected or received by us will only be used for the stated purpose for which it was provided.
When do we disclose your personal information?
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any Purpose to any of the following:
- for the purpose, it was collected – to our employees, service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators (who provide services to us ranging from technology, data storage, website hosting, marketing, operations and customer service), mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes
- if we sell all or part of our business and the buyer also requires your personal information
- to enforce our legal rights or those of others
- to prevent actual or potential fraud or illegal activity
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application and
- if required by law, to any person authorized by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
When and how do we collect your personal information?
We collect most personal information directly from you when you consent to communications from us. You provide us your information when you purchase (or inquire to purchase) products or services from us, you ask to find out more about our products or services, you use our website or other applications, you deal with us on the phone, you write to us, or when you visit one of our stores.
What if you don’t want us to collect your personal information?
You do not have to provide us with any personal information unless you want to. For example, it is your choice as to whether you purchase our products or services or receive communications from us. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to provide a product or service or deal with you. When you use our website or a web browser to search for our website or products, you can set your web browser to remove or reject cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. If you wish to opt-out of having your web browsing information used for re- marketing, traffic, demographics and interest reporting purposes, you must download and install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Removing or rejecting cookies may affect the availability and functionality of our website and updates to your web browser may affect the functionality of the Google Analytics Opt-out add-on.
What if you don’t want to receive any further communications from us?
At any time you can tell us that you do not want to receive such communications from us by unsubscribing online.
You should regularly check to take notice of any changes we may have made to this policy. The revised editions will be available from our website silkandsparkle.com.au The last private policy update was conducted on 13 April 2018.
About breaches of privacy
All such inquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and handled with impartiality and discretion.
If you wish to submit a complaint, please provide us with all relevant details such as the date and time of the incident or communication, the circumstances surrounding the event and your concerns about what was said or done. We will endeavour to respond to you always promptly and to offer a practical solution which is consistent with our legal obligations.